Take care of your skin. Ask your doctor about the use of corticosteroid creams to relieve skin symptoms that are particularly troublesome. If you are bothered by the way a lupus rash looks on your face or if you have scars from lupus, you can try makeup, such as Covermark, to cover the rash or scars.
Ultraviolet (UVA and UVB) light triggers disease flares in up to 70% of people with lupus.13 Exposure to ultraviolet light, as from sunlight, can trigger or start skin rash, joint pain, or fatigue, or it can make these symptoms worse. To minimize your exposure to ultraviolet light:
* Avoid the sun as cure for lupus. If you must be in the sun, cover your arms and legs, wear a hat, and apply broad-spectrum sunscreen (covering both UVA and UVB rays) with a high sun protection factor (50 SPF or higher) to protect your skin. Reapply sunscreen after swimming, sweating, or toweling off. Experiment with sunscreens. Some may irritate your skin or wash off too easily.
* Avoid going out when the sun’s rays are the strongest. In most areas, this is between the hours of 10 a.m. and 3 p.m., especially during the summer.
Good general care is essential. A healthy lifestyle not only improves your quality of life but may also reduce your chances of having more frequent and severe flares. Good care includes:
* Getting vaccinations as cure for lupus and to help protect you from illnesses such as pneumonia and the flu.
* Treating high blood pressure.
* Taking medicine to help prevent osteoporosis caused by corticosteroids.
* Preventing plaque in the arteries (atherosclerosis) that can be made worse by corticosteroids.
* Protecting yourself against infections you can get more easily due to decreased immune system function this is as a cure for lupus.
· Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. Aspirin or other nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) such as naproxen sodium (Aleve) and ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin, others) may be used to treat a variety of signs and symptoms associated with lupus. NSAIDs are available over-the-counter, or stronger versions can be prescribed by your doctor. Check with your doctor before taking over-the-counter NSAIDs because some have been associated with serious side effects in people with lupus. Side effects of NSAIDs include stomach bleeding and an increased risk of heart problems.
· Antimalarial drugs. Although there’s no known relationship between lupus and malaria, these medications have proved useful in treating signs and symptoms of lupus. Antimalarials may also prevent flares of the disease and can be cure for lups. Hydroxychloroquine (Plaquenil) is the most commonly prescribed antimalarial. Side effects of antimalarial drugs include vision problems and muscle weakness.
· Corticosteroids. These drugs counter the inflammation of lupus and be cure for lupus, but can have serious long-term side effects, including weight gain, easy bruising, thinning bones (osteoporosis), high blood pressure, diabetes and increased risk of infection. The risk of side effects increases with higher doses and longer term therapy. To help reduce these risks, your doctor will try to find the lowest dose that controls your symptoms and prescribe corticosteroids for the shortest possible time. Taking the drug every other day can also help reduce side effects. Corticosteroids are sometimes combined with another medication to help reduce the dose, and therefore the toxicity, of both drugs. Taking calcium and vitamin D supplements while using corticosteroids can reduce the risk of osteoporosis and can also help cure for lupus.
Acacia is considered as valuable herb for treating various skin allergies. It regulates the histamine secretion and helps building immunity to fight against various allergens.
Some benefits are mentioned below –
* Any skin problem especially skin allergies
* As a blood purifier (hematological disorders)
It is considered to be very valuable in treating enlarged liver, spleen, and dropsy. In Ayurvedic texts, the herb is also mentioned to have fair complexion of the skin.
The herb has many uses to treat various health ailments but some of the indications are preferred for the herb as Eclipta shows excellent results treating those conditions –
* The best hair and skin care herb
* Hepatic and Splenic diseases