IBS, or irritable bowel syndrome, affects millions of people. It often starts at a young age. If you are experiencing nausea, bloating, cramps, lots of gas, and pain in your abdomen, you may well be an IBS sufferer.
If you sometimes have to run to the bathroom with diarrhea, and other times have to sit on the toilet for long periods before you can eliminate anything, then IBS is a possible cause.
If you are looking for cures for IBS, the problem is that no one really knows what IBS actually is. The symptoms described above are associated with it, but doctors don’t know the root cause. They have theories, but that doesn’t do you a lot of good if you are living with pain, bloating, and even vomiting.
Irritable bowel disease symptoms include:
Cures for IBS consist of several things:
• First there is the diet for irritable bowel syndrome, discussed earlier. The diet for IBS works as a preventative measure, but it can also relieve symptoms when they do occur.
• Stress management and relaxation techniques can also be helpful, since stress is a contributor to IBS flare-ups.
• Regular exercise such as walking helps the bowel function better and can also relieve stress.
• Then there is medication. Anti-spasmodic drugs are used as cures for IBS since it reduce cramping and treat diarrhea, and stool softeners are often prescribed to prevent and treat constipation. Anti-depressant medications such as Zoloft can relieve some of the symptoms, as well. However, the anti-spasmodic and anti-depressant drugs can cause constipation, and they have other side effects as well.
• Anti-fungal medication is another one of the cures for IBS that may be prescribed to treat Candida, if that is one of the causes of irritable bowel syndrome.
• Many people prefer to use natural treatments in order to avoid the side effects and problems of traditional medication. There are a number of natural cures for IBS available that, combined with a proper diet, can prevent and relieve the symptoms from IBS. Natural products often have other health benefits, as well.
Triphala, a cornerstone of ayurvedic medicine, is a composite herbal preparation containing equal proportions of the fruits of three myrobalans, Emblica officinalis, Terminalia chebula and Terminalia bellirica.
– Triphala corrects constipation, cleanses and tonify the gastro intestinal tract
– Detoxifies the whole body and improves digestion and assimilation
– Triphala reduces high blood pressure and hypertension and improves blood circulation
Terminalia chebula is used to treat many conditions like digestive disorders, irregular fevers, flatulence, constipation. It is the best bowel cleanser and can be helpful emptying the stomach in a safer way.
* It is best mild laxative so work in cleansing the bowels
* It is best adaptogenic agent and hence best general health tonic
* It is a safe astringent agent