eg. the ovary, the abdomen, the cervix, at the join between the tube and the womb (cornua), but the most common place is within the fallopian tube. Pregnancy can even occur in both the womb and the tube at the same time (heterotopic pregnancy), but this is rare, occuring in only about 1/10,000 pregnancies.
The major health risk of ectopic pregnancy is rupture leading to internal bleeding. Before the 19th century, the mortality rate (the death rate) from ectopic pregnancies exceeded 50%. By the end of the 19th century, the mortality rate dropped to five percent because of surgical intervention. With current advances in early detection, the mortality rate has improved to less than five in 10,000. The survival rate from ectopic pregnancies is improving even though the incidence of ectopic pregnancies is also increasing. The major reason for a poor outcome is failure to seek early medical attention. Ectopic pregnancy remains the leading cause of pregnancy-related death in the 1st trimester of pregnancy.
– The most common place that ectopic pregnancy occurs is in one of the fallopian tubes (a so-called tubal pregnancy). These are the tubes that transport the egg from the ovary to the uterus. Ectopic pregnancies also can be found on the outside of the uterus, on the ovaries, or attached to the bowel.
– The most serious difficulty of an ectopic pregnancy is intra-abdominal hemorrhage (severe bleeding). In the case of a tubal pregnancy, for example, as the products of conception continue to grow in the fallopian tube, the tube expands and in the end ruptures. This can be very dangerous because a big artery runs on the outside of each fallopian tube. If the artery ruptures, you can bleed sternly.
Ectopics tend to present in one of 3 ways:
– As an emergency. abruptly, without warning a woman is very unwell, collapses and is taken to hospital. A positive pregnancy test is found and she is transferred to theatre PDQ and a ruptured ectopic is found with bleeding into the abdomen.
– The second group are known to be at risk of an ectopic pregnancy, for instance she may have had an ectopic previously, may have undergone tubal surgery or assisted conception (such as IVF). Early detection of ectopics is high in this group of women as we routinely check that the pregnancy is where it should be fairly early on. Less than 20 percent of ectopics present this way.
– Lastly, the most common appearance is with a missed period, positive pregnancy test, some abdominal pain (typically to one side), and some uneven vaginal bleeding. Some women report fainting or shoulder-tip pain.
Woman’s Multi liquid is an remarkable blend of whole foods intended to provide the vitamins, minerals, trace minerals and amino acids your body deserves, plus a blend of herbs used for women’s health and extra calcium (Ca).
– Woman’s Multi Liquid offers wide range of vitamins and minerals including calcium (Ca).
– It is a unique blend of natural herbs that enhances women’s health.
– Being a liquid it has a great absorption rate for higher effectiveness.
– Sea Vegetables also provides most of the nutrients.
– Menopause Support Liquid facilitates to meet the special nutritional needs of women during menopause period.
– Menopause Support Liquid has high absorption rate due to its liquid form.
– It features Black Cohosh shown to efficiently reduce menopausal symptoms.
– It is a proprietary combine of Squaw Vine, False Unicorn Root and Blessed Thistle.