Herbal dietary supplements are more popular now than ever before. People are looking for new ways to improve their health, and they are turning to natural remedies rather than pharmaceutical drugs more and more.
Herbal dietary supplements have active ingredients that can affect how your body functions, just as over-the-counter and prescription drugs do. Herbal dietary supplements may be particularly risky for certain individuals and herbal supplement labels are often vague, confusing and of little help when it comes to making a selection. If you’re considering Herbal dietary supplements or other dietary supplements, educate yourself about any products you intend to use before purchasing them and talk to your doctor about any supplements you’re considering taking
Many herbs have a long history of use and of claimed health benefits. However, some herbs have caused health problems for users. This fact sheet contains points you should consider for your safety if you use, or are thinking about using, herbs for health purposes. It does not discuss whether herbs work for specific diseases and conditions. To find out more about topics and resources mentioned in this fact sheet.
It’s important to know that just because an herbal supplement is labeled “natural” does not mean it is safe or without any harmful effects. For example, the herbs kava and comfrey have been linked to serious liver damage.
1. Herbal dietary supplements can act in the same way as drugs. Therefore, they can cause medical problems if not used correctly or if taken in large amounts. In some cases, people have experienced negative effects even though they followed the instructions on a supplement label.
2. Women who are pregnant or nursing should be especially cautious about using Herbal supplements. A type of dietary supplement that contains herbs, either alone or in mixtures., since these products can act like drugs. This caution also applies to treating children with Herbal supplements.
3. It is important to consult your health care provider before using an herbal supplement, especially if you are taking any medications (whether prescription or over-the-counter). Some Herbal dietary supplements are known to interact with medications in ways that cause health problems. Even if your provider does not know about a particular supplement, he can access the latest medical guidance on its uses, risks, and interactions.
4. If you use Herbal supplements, it is best to do so under the guidance of a medical professional who has been properly trained in herbal medicine.
5. In the United States, herbal and other dietary supplements are regulated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) as foods. This means that they do not have to meet the same standards as drugs and over-the-counter medications for proof of safety, effectiveness, and what the FDA calls Good Manufacturing Practices.
Amla is also known as Indian Gooseberry. It has one of the richest concentrations of natural Vitamin C of any edible plants on this planet.
– Powerful skin and hair rejuvenator
– Eye and liver toner
– Restores stomach and intestinal digestive enzymes
Wheat Grass Pills is a is a phytonutrient, multi vitamin formula that nutritionally aids the detoxification process by cleaning and oxygenating the blood.
– Increase of hemoglobin production
– Rebuilding of the blood stream
– Helping to purify the liver
– Improving digestion