Herbal medicine has active ingredients that can affect how your body functions, just as over-the-counter and prescription drugs do. Herbal medicine may be particularly risky for certain individuals and herbal supplement labels are often vague, confusing and of little help when it comes to making a selection. If you’re considering Herbal medicine or other dietary supplements, educate yourself about any products you intend to use before purchasing them and talk to your doctor about any supplements you’re considering taking
Many herbs have a long history of use and of claimed health benefits. However, some herbs have caused health problems for users. This fact sheet contains points you should consider for your safety if you use, or are thinking about using, herbs for health purposes. It does not discuss whether herbs work for specific diseases and conditions. To find out more about topics and resources mentioned in this fact sheet.
It’s important to know that just because an herbal supplement is labeled “natural” does not mean it is safe or without any harmful effects. For example, the herbs kava and comfrey have been linked to serious liver damage.
1. Herbal medicine can act in the same way as drugs. Therefore, they can cause medical problems if not used correctly or if taken in large amounts. In some cases, people have experienced negative effects even though they followed the instructions on a supplement label.
2. Women who are pregnant or nursing should be especially cautious about using Herbal medicine. A type of dietary supplement that contains herbs, either alone or in mixtures., since these products can act like drugs. This caution also applies to treating children with Herbal medicine.
3. It is important to consult your health care provider before using an herbal supplement, especially if you are taking any medications (whether prescription or over-the-counter). Some Herbal medicine is known to interact with medications in ways that cause health problems. Even if your provider does not know about a particular supplement, he can access the latest medical guidance on its uses, risks, and interactions.
4. If you use Herbal medicine, it is best to do so under the guidance of a medical professional who has been properly trained in herbal medicine.
5. In the United States, herbal and other dietary supplements are regulated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) as foods. This means that they do not have to meet the same standards as drugs and over-the-counter medications for proof of safety, effectiveness, and what the FDA calls Good Manufacturing Practices.
Browse our Range of Herbal Medicine:
Terminalia chebula has been used as an astringent and is the best bowel cleanser. The herb also possesses antibacterial and antioxidant properties.
Out of all, here are some of the prime indications where it gets you best results –
* It is best mild laxative so work in cleansing the bowels
* It is best adaptogenic agent and hence best general health tonic
A combination of memory booster herbs like BRAHMI, ASHWAGANDHA, VACHA, MULATHI which guards against stress, depression and improves learning ability in a natural way.
* Improve concentration and memory
* Accelerates brain function and improves leaving ability
* Relieves mental and physical stress
* Restores co-ordination between mind and body
* Relieves tension & anxiety