Natural Cure for Sinus Infection
July 1, 2008
Sinusitis is an acute or chronic inflammation of the nasal sinuses. The nasal sinuses are the hollow cavities found within the cheek bones and near the eyes.
The inflammation of the nasal sinuses is usually triggered by inadequate draining due to allergies, infections or structural problems of the nose such as narrow drainage passages or a deviated septum.
Natural cure for sinus infection
· Mango serves as an effective home remedy for preventing the frequent attacks of sinus, as it is packed with loads of vitamin A.
· Another beneficial remedy consists of consuming pungent foods like onion and garlic, as a part of your daily meals.
· Fenugreek leaves are considered valuable in curing sinusitis. In 250 ml water, boil 1 tsp of Fenugreek seeds and reduce it to half. This will help you to perspire, dispel toxicity and reduce the fever period.
· Tie a tsp of black cumin seeds in a thin cotton cloth and inhale.
Other ways as a natural cure for sinus infection
- Sipping hot teas made with herbs such as fenugreek, fennel, anise, or sage may help move mucus even more and keeps it flowing.
- Blow one nostril at a time. This will help prevent pressure buildup in the ears, which can send bacteria further back into the sinus passages and hence is a natural cure for sinus infection.
- Sniffling whenever your nostrils feel stuffed is a natural cure for sinus infection to drain the sinuses and stale secretions down the throat.
- Press your thumbs to the either side of the nostril to bring a fresh blood supply to the area and soothing relief.
- Apply warm washcloth over your eyes and cheekbones. Leave it till you feel the sinus pain subsiding this is natural cure for sinus infection.
- Carrot and spinach juice taken regularly is also found to be highly beneficial and a natural cure for sinus infection.
- Eat pungent herbs like garlic, horseradish because it contains a chemical that moves mucus and makes it less sticky.
- Garlic, Onions, Horseradish, Hot Pepper and Ginger added to any soup broth will open the sinuses and are good ways to natural cure for sinus infection.
- Steep fresh basil in cupful of water and drink it to alleviate the stuffiness caused by inflamed membranes.
- Pungent oils such as thymol and camphor help open clogged passages.
- Tilt your head back and place a tsp of onion juice in each nostril.
A traditional remedy for stomach upset, ginger helps to eliminate gas and soothes the intestinal tract. It can be taken as a supplement or eaten with meals.
The pickled form, which often accompanies dishes at Asian restaurants, is believed to offer at least as many of the health benefits as the fresh form. It is much in vogue as a great home remedy for flatulence and colic pain or disturbances. Ginger has also been used as one of the most important ingredients of some anti-narcotic preparations.
Garlic is used as a carminative, aphrodisiac, expectorant, and stimulant. It possesses anti-inflammatory, antiarthritic, hypolipidemic, anticoagulant, hypoproteinemic, hypocholesteremic, antibacterial, antifungal, antihypertensive and hypoglycemic action. It increases prothrombin time and fibrinolytic action.
Garlic or Allium Sativum is a nerve stimulant and revigorating tonic that has been known for its value in cases of sexual weakness.