There are several treatment options for the management of overweight and obese individuals, including diet therapy, changes in physical activity, behavioral therapy, drug therapy, surgery and a combination of these.
Treatment for obesity will be most successful if you create a long-term plan with your doctor. A reasonable goal might be to begin making lifestyle changes by increasing physical activity and limiting calories.
Your initial goal should be to improve your health, not to achieve an ideal weight. Although the “formula” for weight loss-to burn more calories than you take in-is not complicated, it is often hard to achieve and maintain. Along with lifestyle changes, medicines and surgery may be options for some people. The treatment for obesity you need depends on your level of obesity, your overall health, and your motivation to lose weight.
The method of treatment for obesity depends on your level of obesity, overall health condition, and motivation to lose weight. Treatment for obesity includes a combination of diet, exercise, behavior modification, and also FDA-approved obesity drugs like Meridia and Xenical.
In cases of severe clinical obesity, obese patients with co-morbid conditions may qualify for gastric surgery (e.g. stomach bypass, stomach stapling, stomach banding, and lap band) or other surgical intervention (e.g. vertical stomach gastrectomy). The use of laparoscopic techniques by bariatric surgeons is gradually reducing many perioperative and postoperative health risks.
The list of Treatments for obesity includes the following list. Always seek professional medical advice about any treatment for obesity or change in treatment plans.
• Diet changes
• Low Calorie Diet – 800-1500 calories
• Very Low-Calorie Diet (VLCD) – less than 800 calories
• Appetite-suppressant medications
• Dexfenfluramine (Redux:withdrawn)
• Diethylpropion (Tenuate, Tenuate dospan)
• Fenfluramine (Pondimin:withdrawn)
• “fen/phen” Fenfluramine/phentermine (withdrawn)
• Mazindol (Sanorex, Mazanor)
• Orlistat (Xenical)
• Phendimetrazine (Bontril, Plegine, Prelu-2, X-Trozine)
• Phentermine (Adipex-P, Fastin, Ionamin, Oby-trim)
• Sibutramine (Meridia)
• Drug combinations
• Treatment of any underlying causes of obesity
• Vitamin D – possibly used for treatment of vitamin D deficiency
Garcinia, when taken over a period of time, has the capability to slower down the production of fat and to help the body metabolize it more efficiently. Garcinia will also increase how much energy the body burns (basal metabolic rate).
Some of the prime indications are mentioned below –
* The potent weight management herb
* It is an effective agent against lipids, body fat, and cholesterol.
– Obeslim dietary supplement burns fat calories using a balanced herbal diet.Strengthens digestion.
– Speeds up Metabolism: By improving circulation, energy, it helps in improving and regulating body metabolism.
– Removes Toxins: Cleanses the toxins from the blood, tissues, lungs and lymphatics.