Feeling the onset of age can be depressing especially if it manifests as thinning hair. Parts of your scalp that used to be covered by hair are now visible and this can be one of the more embarrassing signs of aging.
Luckily, modern medicine has come up with solutions for people with thinning hair. One such solution is the manufacture of hair vitamins for thinning hair.
Vitamins for thinning hair
Thinning hair introduction
Hair grows in the hair root, which is embedded in the scalp. The hair root produces millions of cells which, when pushed out of the scalp, form into the hair strand itself. Over time, the production of cells for continuous hair growth gradually slows down, and this can cause hair to thin. A bald spot is formed if the production stops altogether.
The elements like the sun, wind, and water and bad hair care habits can also cause thinning of hair. Treating hair with chemicals for perming and coloring, excessive combing and blow-drying can wear away at the external scale-like armor of the hair, called the cuticle. When damaged, the hair strands become more prone to breakage. Poor diet, certain medications, stress, childbirth, perimenopause, hypothyroidism, and anemia also contribute to the thinning of hair.
Although no particular vitamin or product will give you a head of hair like Cher’s in the 70’s, you should take minerals and Vitamins for thinning hair that help prevent hair loss to complement your nutritious diet. Good nutrition is important to overall health and healthy hair growth. The following vitamins and minerals have been shown to help to prevent hair loss:
Some important Vitamins for thinning hair
· Vitamin A: This antioxidant produces healthy scalp sebum. Daily dose is 5,000 IU. Caution: Ingesting more than 25,000 IU of vitamin A daily is toxic – it can cause hair loss and other serious health problems. Food sources include fish liver oil, spinach, broccoli, cabbage, carrots, apricots and peaches.
· Vitamin B 3, or Niacin: Promotes scalp circulation. Daily dose is 15 mg. Food sources include brewer’s yeast, wheat germ and fish.
· Vitamin B 5, or Pantothenic acid: Helps prevent graying and hair loss. Daily dose is 4 to 7 mg. Food sources include whole grain cereals, brewer’s yeast and egg yolks.
· Vitamin B 6: This is one of the Vitamins for thinning hair that helps prevents hair loss and assists in the production of melanin, which gives hair its color. Daily dose is 1.6 mg. Food sources include brewer’s yeast, whole grain cereals, vegetables and egg yolks.
· Vitamin B 12: Helps prevents hair loss. Daily dose is 2 mg. Food sources include fish and eggs.
· Vitamin C: This antioxidant maintains healthy skin and hair. Daily dose is 60 mg. Food sources include citrus fruits, strawberries, kiwi, cantaloupe, pineapple, tomatoes, green peppers, potatoes and dark green veggies. Buy Vitamin C Supplements here
· Vitamin E: This is another one of the important Vitamins for thinning hair that promote hair growth? Well, this antioxidant does encourage scalp circulation. Daily dose is up to 400 IU. Food sources include cold-pressed vegetable oils, wheat germ oil, soybeans, raw seeds and nuts, dried beans, and leafy green veggies. Buy Vitamin E Supplements here
Though some elements do not fall under Vitamins for thinning hair, they are important such as –
· Biotin: Helps produce keratin, which may prevent graying and hair loss. Daily dose is 150 to 300 mcg. Food sources include brewer’s yeast, whole grains, egg yolks and rice.
· Inositol: Keeps hair follicles healthy at the cellular level. Daily dose is up to 600 mg. Food sources include whole grains, brewer’s yeast and citrus fruits.
· Calcium: An essential mineral that boosts hair growth. Daily dose is up to 1,500 mg. Food sources include tofu, fish, nuts, brewer’s yeast, beans, lentils and sesame seeds. Buy Calcium Supplements here
· Chromium: Helps prevent hyperglycemia and hypoglycemia, which can cause hair loss. Daily dose: Up to 120 mg. Food sources include brewer’s yeast and whole wheat bread.
· Copper: Helps prevent hair loss and defects in color or structure. Daily dose is up to 3 mg; but more than that can lead to dry hair, hair loss and severe health problems. Food sources include shellfish, green vegetables, whole grains, eggs and beans.
ZYX Hair Cream is a breakthrough for curing various hair problems including dandruff, premature graying and hair fall. The nine herbs used in the product deeply penetrate into the hair roots and solves problems like dandruff, hair loss, graying hair etc. ZYX Hair Cream nourishes the scalp and thickens the hairs by tightening the hair roots or follicles that are loosen and because of which there is a hair fall.
Daily usage helps the cream to penetrate deeply offering maximum benefits.
The Eclipta is also used as powerful hair tonic. Internal intake of the extract along with the oil made of Bhringraja help curing premature graying of the hair, balding, makes the hair thicker and darker.
Eclipta shows excellent results treating those conditions –
* The best hair and skin care herb
* Hepatic and Splenic diseases