Of all the news coming from the beauty community, the loudest buzz may be about the power of vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients to give skin a more radiant, healthy, and, yes, youthful glow.
If you think which vitamins are good for the skin, know that the excitement is focused not only on creams and lotions you put on your skin but what you put into your body as well. Health experts say that vitamins and minerals in all forms play an integral role in a healthy complexion, whether the source is food, supplements, or even a jar of cream.
“Your skin is the fingerprint of what is going on inside your body, and all skin conditions, from psoriasis to acne to aging, are the manifestations of your body’s internal needs, including its nutritional needs,” says Georgiana Donadio, PhD, DC, MSc, founder and director of the National Institute of Whole Health in Boston.
If you feed your skin from the inside and out, experts say you can’t help but benefit and this you should know in order to learn which vitamins are good for the skin.
“There is a lot of important new research showing tremendous power of antioxidants in general, and in some specific nutrients in particular that can make an important difference in the way your skin looks and feels — and even in how well it ages,” says nutritional supplement expert Mary Sullivan, RN, co-founder of Olympian Labs. “When combined with a good diet, the right dietary supplements can help keep your skin looking not only healthy, but also years younger.”
So which vitamins are good for the skin healthy and looking its best? According to the experts interviewed by WebMD, plus new information from the American Academy of Dermatology (AAD), the following vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and other nutrients nourish your skin, whether you take them in supplement form, apply them directly to you skin, or make sure you get enough from the foods you eat.
1. Vitamin A
– helps reduce sebum production.
– essential for the maintenance and repair of the tissue which the skin and mucous membranes are made of.
– powerful antioxidant to flush out free radicals and toxins from your body which improves wrinkling and fine lines.
2. Vitamin B Complex
– help to maintain healthy skin tone – also helpful in relieving anxiety and stress.
– Fights acne.
– vital for healthy skin by improving circulation and metabolism. Important in the functioning of your immune system and your antibody production.
3. Vitamin C
– acts as an antioxidant and is considered vital in wound healing because it aids in stabilizing collagen.
– essential to maintain your good look and prevents the appearance of “broken blood vessels”.
– When applied topically, vitamin C can reduce fine lines and wrinkles and may lessen the severity of sunburns. Buy Vitamin C Supplements here
4. Vitamin E
– Another antioxidant that may have anti-inflammatory effects on the skin.
– When applied topically, vitamin E has been known to improve moisturization, softness and smoothness and also provide modest photoprotection. Buy Vitamin E Supplements here
Amla is also known as Indian Gooseberry. It has one of the richest concentrations of natural Vitamin C of any edible plants on this planet.
– Powerful skin and hair rejuvenator
– Eye and liver toner
– Supports heart and lungs.
Acacia is considered as valuable herb for treating various skin allergies. It regulates the histamine secretion and helps building immunity to fight against various allergens. The herb is found in various formula designed to cure eczema, acne and various inflammatory conditions of the skin.
Some benefits are mentioned below –
* Any skin problem especially skin allergies